Position: Delivery Driver / Cellarperson
Reports to: Head Brewer and Operations Executive
Employment Type: Full-Time
Black Hammer Brewing is a rapidly growing, SoMa San Francisco brewery with a restaurant in the Castro neighborhood, and post-COVID business is booming. We’re looking for a bright, self-starting hard-working delivery driver & cellar person, who has the flexibility to both deliver beer to our wholesale accounts and restaurant and to perform brewery cellar work on non-delivery days.
This position offers the opportunity to grow your knowledge of and experience in the wholesale arena of the craft beer industry, while you also gain production experience on the brewery floor.
We are actively expanding our wholesale business and working on our brewery expansion to the East Bay, so the right candidate will be someone who wants to grow with our company.
The candidate should expect to work roughly 40 hours per week, with slightly more or less as required. This position is paid hourly and is supervised by the Head Brewer and Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver kegs and case beer to our restaurant and clientele and move beer to and from off-site cold storage
- Clean, sanitize and pressurize kegs to prepare for filling
- Fill kegs with fresh beer
- Clean lines at our brewery, restaurant, and wholesale accounts
- Load and unload delivery van with packaged beer assigned to accounts
- Collect empty kegs and properly record and apply credits
- Provide excellent customer service
- Keep delivery van clean inside and out
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment which allows us to work efficiently and produce great beer in an environment with minimal stress
- Assist in the cleaning of the cellar areas and the washing of equipment, floors and tools to comply with company and government sanitation standards
- Attention to detail and meticulous attention to record keeping are required
- General brewery cleaning and maintenance tasks
- Consistently lift and carry 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry 70 pounds to chest height
- Ability to handle product generally weighing up to 140 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, pushing, lifting, kneeling and reaching
- Must be able to stand for the entire shift, up to ten hours
- Consistently able to use repetitive hand and wrist motion
- Work with hot, cold and hazardous equipment and materials
- Valid California Drivers License with clean driving record required
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least 21 years of age
- Eager to learn
- Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards
- Good time management skills
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company.
- Has a passion and fundamental understanding of craft beer and its culture
- Positive professional attitude
- Team player with the ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Strong multi-tasking skills and detail oriented
- Professional, polite, and reliable
- Must have problem solving abilities & be able to think quickly on your feet
- Ability to work a schedule of (5) full 8-hour workdays per week with the flexibility to work overtime, evenings and weekends and some holidays as dictated by the workload and staffing.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Position: Head Brewer
Reports to: CEO
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: $65k-80k plus bonuses
Since the we fully reopened last month San Francisco business is booming, and Black Hammer Brewing in San Francisco is looking to hire an experienced and passionate head brewer help us continue our rapid growth here and into the East Bay. We are looking for a proverbial rockstar to both brew our flagships and expand our beer program with creative new ideas, while also taking a leadership role in our production team, as our owner and brewmaster needs to focus on facility technology and our next brewery expansion. We currently have our production brewery and tasting room at 544 Bryant St. in the SoMa neighborhood of San Francisco, and our restaurant/beer garden Willkommen on Market St near the Castro. As we plan to grow to a larger production space by the end of 2021, we are on the hunt for the right person to help lead our brewing program.
The ideal candidate has a science or engineering degree (brewing degree not required), 4+ years’ experience brewing on a professional level (2+ years’ experience will be considered for the right candidate), and is craving an opportunity for growth, leadership and creative latitude. Our current system is a one-year-old Alpha Brewing 15bbl combi-tank with multiple upgrades, and it's truly a pleasure to brew on.
Applicants must have experience as a full-time brewhouse operations leader, with substantial understanding of fermentation science, wort production and biochemistry, tank cleaning and sanitation as well as transfer and clarification of finished beer. Candidates should be exceptionally passionate about beer, mathematics and microbiology. Basic chemistry skills are required. Well-honed communication, leadership and teaching skills are an absolute must, as is ability to work well on a team. Spreadsheet competence, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills are essential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: brewhouse and cellar operations, processing wort and beer, CIP, keg cleaning/filling, yeast management and health assessment, recipe formulation, ingredient ordering and inventory, tap room and wholesale order filling, packaging (canning), and general brewery tasks. The typical brewery strength and endurance requirements apply - brewery work can at times be very physically challenging and days are occasionally 10 hrs., so endurance and strength are key requirements - must be able to lift 65# to shoulder height regularly and deadlift 120# kegs occasionally.
Black Hammer Brewing is a small but awesome company with a positive vibe and welcoming corporate culture, so it’s important that you are upbeat, friendly, punctual, open-minded, contribute to an inclusive healthy work environment, and dedicated to the craft and mission.
Start date is flexible but we are looking to fill the position quickly. Candidates must either live within reasonable commute distance to 544 Bryant St., San Francisco, or secure permanent housing before their start date if relocation is required.
We offer compensation consistent with experience, health, dental and vision insurance, two weeks PTO and performance and achievement-based bonuses.
Black Hammer Brewing is proud to continue to support female, LGBTQIA, and underrepresented groups in the brewing industry.
Vaccinations: We require COVID19 vaccinations to start work - at least one shot of any vaccine two weeks before your start date.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and thanks for your time!
Black Hammer Brewing
CEO and Brewmaster
Black Hammer Brewing
544 Bryant St.
San Francisco, CA 94107